I'm sitting here listening to music, wishing I was somewhere else.
I wish I was on a ferry crossing the harbor to get back to Seattle. I miss the wind blowing in my face, the noise it makes as it hits my ears. It's incredible. It's amazing. It's something everyone needs to do once in their life. I miss looking up and seeing the stars, looking down and seeing the jellyfish. And then looking straight ahead of me, to the welcoming lights of the city. The dock, all lit up in an orange glow. The city--alive, but so quiet. So expecting of something. Anything. The swaying of the ferry, the peaceful sound of the water, travelling by so fast beneath your feet. I wish I was standing on the top deck--the top is the best--and I wish I was looking over the railing, hugging myself to keep warm, because it's cold. It's always cold at night in Seattle. I miss the relief of going back in the warm cabin, all lit up, empty. Waiting for people to come and sit down and enjoy the ride. The vending machine, which dispenses coffee, because really what is Seattle without coffee? I wish I was there. So, incredibly much. It's ridiculous how much I wish I was there. You have no idea.

No comments:
Post a Comment