2.11.2009

I can’t help but want to know your favorite color. I want to know your birthday, and maybe your favorite flavor of ice cream. I would like to be able to hug you when I feel like it, and sometimes hold your hand when I walk into a room with you.

I couldn’t help but feel like the prettiest girl in the room when you danced with me tonight. I know, logically, there were girls much prettier than me. I know you probably only asked me because you felt some sort of obligation, whether because you invited us or you know I’m attracted to you. But either way, I appreciated it. I really like laughing with you, and I want to do more of that.

I want to lie on my back in a field and look at stars with you. I want to watch you sketch without fear of being embarrassed. When you smile, I want to be the one to make you smile. I want to watch you dance all silly and I want to dance silly with you. When we go grocery shopping at 1 a.m., I want to push the cart with you and eat donuts all sneaky with you and make up songs about Hot Wheels with you. I want to know what kind of music you listen to and I want to sing songs with you and I want to go to a concert with you and go crazy. I want to go on late night adventures and I want to know about your past and I want to know what you plan to do in the future.

I don’t know what has gotten into me. I've never before been as curious as I am with you. I am so enamored with your smile and the way you make decisions at the grocery store and the way you love your friends, that I can't help but notice everything about you and want to know more.

Maybe someday I will get the courage to tell you all this. Maybe someday I will be able to walk up to you and smile and look you in the eyes and say hello. For right now I will just wonder.

No comments: